A career in defense and paramilitary forces is one of the most reputed & respected positions in the country. Today the youth wants to choose excitement and adventure in their life, defense in the best platform to complete their expectations and also the best way to show the feelings of patriotism for the country.
The ministry of defense is responsible for the process of joining and etc. The Military forces of India consist of four types of services. Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Airforce and Indian Coast Guard. Parangat IAS Academy is the best NDA Coaching Institute in Zirakpur. And committed to providing the best practice and guidance to students regarding the defense studies.
Are You Dreaming Of Becoming An ARMY OFFICER?
All Defence Exams:-
- NDA & NA Exam– The National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (NDA & NA) exam is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice every year. Students who are studying in the standard or completed the same are eligible to apply for this exam, provided they fulfill the complete eligibility criteria. After successfully passing these phases, candidates join the National Defence Academy at Khadakwasla, near Pune, where they undergo a 3-year course. On completion of this course, they are awarded a bachelor& degree from Jawaharlal Nehru University. After completion of this course, cadets of the army proceed to Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, cadets of the Air Force proceed to Indian Air Force Academy, Hyderabad and cadets of the navy proceed to the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, where they undergo a one-year training, before being inducted into the concerned services as officers.
- CDS Exam – Combined Defence Services (CDS) exam is also conducted by UPSC twice every year. Through the CDS exam, aspirants can join the Indian Armed Forces either on Permanent Commission (IMA, INA, and IAFA) or Short Service Commission (OTA). After clearing all the rounds of the CDS exam, the candidates join one of the following academies, as allotted to them:(a) Indian Military Academy, Dehradun(b) Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala(c) Indian Air Force Academy, Hyderabad(d) Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai. The candidates undergo training at their respective academies for a 1-year duration before being commissioned into the service.
- AFCAT Exam – AFCAT or the Air Force Common Admission Test is conducted by the Indian Air Force twice every year. AFCAT exam is conducted for recruitment in:(a) Flying Branch(b) Ground Duty (Technical) Branch(c) Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branch. Candidates who possess a graduation degree can apply for the AFCAT exam, provided they meet the complete eligibility requirements.
- Indian Coast Guard- Indian Coast Guard, an armed force of the union is responsible for the defense of the territorial waters of India. Gazetted Officer post is conducted for officer-level entry to the organization and the graduates who meet the requisite eligibility requirements can apply for this exam. The exam comprises of 2 stages: a written test followed by an Interview.
- Central Armed Police Forces – CAPF or the Central Armed Police Force Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant exam is conducted for recruitment to the following paramilitary forces:(a) Border Security Force (BSF)(b) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)(c) Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)(d) Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)(d) Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). Candidates who possess a graduation degree and fulfil the eligibility criteria, as mentioned in the official notification, can apply for this exam. Candidates need to qualify the following stages in order to get shortlisted for one of the services of the CAPF exam:
Written Test (Paper I & II)
Physical Efficiency/ Medical Fitness Test
- Indian Air Force (Group X & Y) – Indian Air Force conducts the exam for the recruitment of Airmen in Group X & Y. These exams are conducted for the 10+2 level and candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria specified in the notification can apply for it. The Group X and Y Airmen of the Air Force can also rise to the post of commissioned officers, provided they qualify the prescribed examination. These were the major Defence Exam conducted in India, which provide a gateway to numerous aspirants of the country to join the Armed Forces and serve the nation!